Organic Healing Bone Broth and Meat Stock
Marrow bones, knuckles, and joints from organic pasture raised animals are important and nutrient dense. Alternate between grass-fed beef, lamb, pork, game, chicken, turkey or fish bones.
- 1 chicken whole or half
- 3 carrots
- 1 onion small or medium sized
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 2 bay leaf (optional)
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- Celtic Sea Salt to taste
- Use all organic ingredients.
- Fill a large pot with water. Add all ingredients to the pot and bring to a boil. Let it come to a boiling point, remove the foam from top and discard. Cover and reduce heat to simmer. After 1.5 – 2 hours take out meat, leave bones and simmer an additional 1.5 – 3 hours. You may let it simmer even longer; the longer the time, the more nutrients the bones release.
- Strain (or don’t). Eat, drink, freeze or use as stock in other recipes. Lasts a week in the fridge and 6 months in the freezer in these non-plastic trays.
- During last 10 – 30 minutes of cooking, experiment with adding fresh or frozen vegetables. Peas, green beans, celery, cabbage, squash, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet peppers, mushrooms, garlic; any soup appropriate vegetable will work. An egg goes great with the soup if it is tolerated.